The most exclusive marketplace for creating real estate deals
See the list of all participants
Our team will get back to you soon
ABOUT EUROPE GRI 2023
Europe GRI brings together the top investors, lenders, developers, and decision makers active across European real estate markets for a series of exclusive roundtable discussions, driven by the dealmakers themselves.
GRI Club continues to prove that there’s more to real estate events than endless powerpoint presentations. With our unique discussion format everyone can interact and engage to develop a shared vision for the future of the industry and discover valuable connections.
Find the right partners for your business, build high value relationships, and continue the conversation long afterwards with our online members-only platform and regular Club Meetings throughout the year.
Network with other real estate decision makers
Pricing pain or everything to play for?
- Pricing in the Capital Structure - Where’s the ‘good’ risk?
- USA, UK, Europe Market Comparisons - Where's the smart capital going?
- Any pockets of distress emerging?
- ESG - Investors, Owners & Lenders aligned?
- Asset Classes - The good, the resilient and the ones to avoid
Cooling or cusp of a renaissance?
- Capital Value - Falls and rent rise, buying opportunities ahead?
- Deep Discounts - Alarm bells for property values, are banks right to be concerned?
- Open-ended Funds - Concerns over distress risk and possible run-on redemptions?
- Financing Costs - Leverage positions on an underwriting perspective of the exit cap rate, are you done?
- Offices & Country Specific Bid/Ask Spread - Is vacancy a European story or do opportunities differ across borders?
- Tenant Demand - How do landlords adapt to meet the demands of today’s tenants?
- US Banks - Commercial property exodus leaving its mark on Europe's RE market?
Decade of decadence over, what will hangover bring?
- Europe - Bracing for a sharp, abrupt real estate reversal?
- Market Volatility - How to manage risk appetite during this period?
- Pricing - How to optimise price strategies in the face of downturns and structural changes?
- Demand - Any sectors withstanding economic turmoil?
- Inflation - Are price indicators forever altered or just a passing interlude?
- US Vs Europe or a problem best shared?
L’immobilier de l'avenir
Scénarios possibles pour un marché français transformé par le PLUb, la réversibilité des actifs, la mixité d'usages et les JO 2024
- PLU Bioclimatique de Paris - Le nouveau plan d’urbanisme peut-il ouvrir une nouvelle voie pour le marché immobilier à Paris ?
- L’immobilier mixte et réversible - Réponse pour le réaménagement urbain ou solution limitée ?
- JO 2024 - Quelles innovations à retenir ?
- Réglementations - Les récentes directives peuvent-elles apporter de nouvelles opportunités en France ?
Revival at last?
- Investments - Buying opportunities back on top or deals halt?
- Inflation - Will rising interest rates lead to an influx of distressed assets?
- E-commerce - Still a threat or the new norm for capital allocations in retail?
- ESG - Who is going to pay the bill at the end of the journey?
- Shopping Centers - Can pre-pandemic footfall levels be regained?
- Tenants, Owners & Rent - Everyone happy with sectoral volumes moving back?
- Trends - How to innovate high streets and malls for memorable shopping experiences?
- Revitalisation - Key to pandemic recovery in real estate?
Debt & Country Strategies
NPLs the key to unlock cross border deals or a double-edged sword?
- Financing - How to tackle debt allocation challenges in a shifting market landscape?
- Geopolitical & macroeconomic volatility - Could NPL levels spike, despite banks cautious approaches?
- Opportunities & Debt Acquisition - Are distressed assets the hidden gems?
- Loans - How to crack the underwriting code in a challenging, negative leveraged environment?
- Cross-border debt buyers - Embracing opportunities in a competitive NPL and Distressed property market?
- Alternative lending - Transforming the financing landscape or disrupting traditional banking?
Capital into Spain
Enthusiastic LP’s or stuck in repricing limbo?
- Yield Uncertainty- Is the market perception heating up the risk curve, for better or worse?
- Equity vs Debt - Room for all or winners will be alternative funds?
- Land Pricing & Availability - Spanner in the dealworks?
- Investment by Assets - Race for BTR, what else to bet on?
Senior, Assisted, & Retirement Living
Scale-up red light for investors but green light for lenders?
- Ever Changing Market Demographics - Can capital keep up?
- Financing - Lack of standard operating models repelling lenders or growth opportunities attracting?
- Product Diversification - Private and niche or follow the community trends as in other BTR assets?
- Operational Challenges - Staff training systems as the major step into a mature market?
Commercial Alternatives Investing
Worth the institutional hype or best to keep niche?
- As RE faces headwinds, are alternative markets positioned to attract LPs?
- Portfolio - Will diversified portfolios scale new heights with alternative investments?
- Capital Opportunities - Demographic shifts and tech advances pointing towards which alternatives?
- Institutional Scale Up - What works and where is ripe for seeding when it comes to tields and liquidity?
- Operational Assets - Investor-developer-owner partnerships, how to bring expertise to different portfolios?
Adventurous deal-sizes or just squaring away old pacts?
- Debt Refinancing - Will alternative lenders step up as senior debt declines in 2023?
- Asset classes - Which are in the hot seat and what drives successful market refinancing?
- Market Volatility - How to fine-tune your hedging strategy to thrive in the current climate?
- Credit - Is the credit market headed for a prolonged retrenchment or immediate calls to resolve defaults?
Countries, assets or tenant drivers - where to balance risk?
- Sky-high costs - Are they clipping the wings of lenders and investors or paving the way for innovative strategies?
- Debt leveraging - How to balance risk assessment and pricing in a turbulent market?
- Joint ventures (JVs), re-capitalizations or platform investments - In a saturated market, which offers the best solutions for investors?
- Diversification - The secret for creating value and ensuring stable cash flow?
- Tenants vs Traditional Real Estate - New mindset of owners vs new demands of tenants, can capital markets keep up?
Stratégies senior encore fortes ou faut-il avoir recours à des alternatives?
- Financement - Entre la disponibilité limitée du crédit et l'augmentation des marges, le moment est-il idéal aux stratégies de dette privée ?
- Senior, Mezzanine, Preferred Equity et Equity - Quelles stratégies pour assurer la compétitivité dans un contexte de volatilité des prix ?
- Volatilité - Face aux incertitudes, quelles solutions de financement pour contribuer au nouveau démarrage du marché ?
- Banques - Quels positionnements vis-à-vis de la perte d'appétit pour les valeurs plus risquées ?
- Prêteurs alternatifs - Jouer un rôle de premier plan de seniors à opportuniste ?
Challenge Zero Carbon
Are investors keeping pace with measures and demand?
- Inflation & Interest Rates - Putting a temporary halt on net zero efforts or part of the parcel?
- 2030 Pathways - Whose ahead of the transition curve, what lessons to be learned?
- New Builds vs Redevelopment - Economic Obsolescence - Who pays the final price and what are the costs of it? Are these costs bringing new revenues?
- Mind the Gap! Will the sustainable and energy-efficient renovation of buildings face a large investment gap in the near future?
Debt stale mate, equity forced to play?
- Debt vs. Equity - Will the price discovery process accelerate or fall into stagnation?
- Private Equity Deals - Dominance or downturn in the market?
- Institutional vs. LP Risk Appetite - Who's ready to take the leap?
- Equity - Time to allocate to alternatives or stick with the status quo?
Hedging Through Inflation
Real Estate still crowning jewel or time to reinvent the game?
- Capital allocation - Is institutional appetite guided by ESG values alone?
- Transactions, Inflation, Rates & Recession - How will the ‘macro’ influence risk appetite?
- Commercial Assets - Are residential and logistics the new stars in the commercial assets arena?
- Pricing - How to create deals and manage your portfolio until prices are adjusted?
- Opportunities - How to use the market’s high liquidity to your advantage?
Fit for purpose or chance to reinvent a flex living generation?
- Post-Covid Spurt - Can the hotel sector keep growing standalone?
- Assets Synergies - Serviced residential, aparthotels, and hotels; which products are rising?
- Liquidity - Are investors, operators & owners ready to invest capital in these sectors?
- Expansion, Retrofit, Refurbishment - How to attract and remain relevant in overcrowded urban centres?
- Commercial to Resi Conversions - The next big business for hoteliers?
Italy’s Market Adjustments
Resilient pricing corrections, where’s the sweet spot to justify yields?
- Pricing Corrections - Resilient sailing with price adjustments?
- Cap-Rates Changes - Where's the right spot to justify yields?
- Core - Continued investment activity and performance, how to sell Italy's picture?
- Managing Risks - Is Italy comparatively well positioned in the "not so easy" real estate game?
On the road to a recession?
The next 18 months’ investment playbook
Chris Watling is the CEO and Chief Market Strategist at Longview Economics, which he founded in 2003. Chris has been obsessed with markets and generating intelligent investment advice since beginning his career at Cazenove in 1994. Prior to that, he trained at KPMG in London. Outside the office Chris reads financial market (and other) history.
Senior Debt Financing
Borrower or lender problem?
- Debt - Best to bridge the gap between risk assessment and pricing?
- Interest Rates - Is senior debt still the hero for yield seekers or are there new contenders on the horizon?
- Debt Funding Gap - Can lenders come to the rescue when equity investors fall short?
- Europe vs. USA - In the race for NPL pools, which market holds the key?
- Unlocking Value - Investors' capital commitments and the fight against loan enforcement at maturity?
Opportunistic & Value Add
More compelling with weakening credit or harder to trump?
- Market volatility - Impacts on transaction volumes fueling investor caution?
- Dealflow - When will the momentum bounce back in the current market standstill?
- Private or public valuations - How are public market dislocations impacting private markets?
- Fundraising - Will value-added funds undergo a shake-up as LPs are faced with issues?
- Commercial RE - Is the US sounding the alarm bell for Europe's RE sector?
- Trends - Unleashing the role of demographics in amplifying asset resilience?
Exception française ou pareil partout ?
- Demande - Y a-t-il des classes d’actifs qui marchent bien en France malgré le scénario d’incertitude ?
- Stratégie - Quelles opportunités pour naviguer dans un contexte de volatilité ? Investir dans les actifs traditionnels ou parier sur les alternatives ?
- Diversification - Pour contrecarrer la hausse des prix, favoriser l’allocation du capital vers d'autres régions est-il une solution ?
- Rendements limités - Les classes d'actifs les plus recherchées sont-elles toujours compétitives en France vis-a-vis des autres grands marchés européens ?
Investor’s scale up dream or messy data capture nightmare?
- Surfacing, Nurturing, & Scaling - Do capital markets and end investors buy into innovation strategies for valuable portfolios?
- Space - How can digital transformation enhance the value of spaces and portfolios?
- Measuring Innovation for Boardroom Results Data & Value Capture - Is value scalable? Who should drive this - owners, investors, or developers?
- Complexity & Industry Challenges - Any threats on the horizon to stop innovation in its tracks?
Recovery boom, but is bid and ask spread in sync?
- Hotel Transaction Strategies Amongst European Investment Volatility - Develop, rebrand, wait, or buy?
- Strong Operational Performance - A signal to bet on hotels or business as usual?
- Price Sensitivity - Did prices for mid-market hotels correct enough or more to come?
- Valuations - How to narrow the gap between buyers' and sellers’ expectations?
- ESG - Essential factor in Capex?
Logistics & Light Industrial
Demand not matching product supply?
- Capital - Will increased M&A activity steer the market, overcoming asset pricing challenges?
- Rental Growth - Will it prevail or will costs and corporate debt impact stifle growth ahead?
- Inflation - Will construction costs normalize as demand decreases and inflation is tamed?
- ESG - How can Logistics assets leverage to ensure value?
- Land supply - How can brownfield redevelopment unleash potential in the face of scarcity?
Liquidity strong or exits too unpredictable?
- Deals - Best in class for BTR or operational and management costs causing concern?
- Debt & Liquidity - Financing flight to quality; which locations will be in trouble?
- Leasing Models - Space, amenities, location, flexible or long-term contracts to ensure profitability?
- Operational Scale-up - Data-driven demographics to drive tenant’s experience or still a long way off?
- ESG - Community to retain tenants, sustainability to reduce costs, and governance bringing us back to square one?
End of boom, where are the best bets to hedge inflation?
- Investment Strategies - Is now the time for opportunistic real estate investors to strike?
- Inbound vs Outbound Capital - Assets in Danger - If house prices fall, what risk ripples can we expect?
- Pricing Challenges - Fluctuating interest rates amplifying uncertainty?
- Finance - Bankers still playing or facing new challenges?
- Debt: Time for Germany's RE mezzanine market to shine?
Best tactics to unlock finance and unblock supply?
- GP’s - LP’s Partnerships- Capitalising on opportunistic yields investment and development profiles opportunistically across a wide range of assets?
- Forward Funding- Partnerships to ensure new developments or standalone to increase profitability?
- Construction Cost Challenges - Are we compromising on short-term yields to guarantee project development on ‘wait and see’?
- Asset Classes - What are the winners, losers, and what is on the watch list?
- Sustainability Strategies - What are the strategies for current assets, ongoing deals, and pipeline opportunities?
ESG, Interest Rates & CRE oh my!
- Mortgages - Banking's worst nightmare or a mere road bump?
- Commercial RE - Brace for impact, will values hold or take a dive?
- Dealflow - Shift in loan-to-value percentages impacting deals that need cheap debt?
- Interest Rates - How to master the post-pandemic rate game?
- Green Lending & ESG - Are lenders seeing eye to eye or singing different tunes?
- Bank System US, UK & Europe - Are we riding the waves of change in the credit cycle?
Entre flexibilité et diversification du portefeuille, quelles solutions pour gérer cette classe d'actif ?
- Flex Office, Flex Out, coworking et bureau opéré - À la fin du modèle traditionnel de bureau, quelles stratégies pour favoriser la reprise du secteur ?
- Décentralisation - Investir dans les régions et les zones mixtes pour accompagner les nouvelles habitudes de travail ?
- Dette - À la montée des taux de vacance et la baisse des recettes, comment les propriétaires gèrent-ils le poids de la dette ?
- Reconversion - La clé pour diversifier les portefeuilles de bureaux obsolètes ?
Debt Funds & Alternatives
A little too good?
- Refinancing - The new business model for alternative investments?
- Banks, Refinancings, and Senior/Subordinated Debts - What's the competition and what are the main terms?
- Acquisitions, Capital & Funding - What’s the strategy for success?
- Capital Gains - Are Alternative Investment Funds (AIFs) calling the shots?
- Equity vs. Debt - Should equity funds step up their game to compete with debt funds?
Can we win the biggest repricing game of our generation?
- High inflation - Is there a value in this new game?
- UK RE Market - Experiencing the biggest reprice of a generation? When will stability come back?
- UK Housing Market - Era of ‘massive’ UK house price rises forcing investors to wait on the sidelines? What ripples to Commercial and BTR Markets?
- High Liquidity - Has the UK RE market become a safe haven in Europe or one to avoid?
- The UK Regions - Back on the Global Property Map?
- LP Appetite vs Small-Scale Operators - Flight to quality or community rooted to drive niche products?
- Cost vs Demand - Development, operational, and management causing yield drain or fundamental demand worth it?
- Forward Funding - Are lenders prepared to put skin in the game?
- Owner, Operator Partnerships - Affordable, centrally located, or multiple services?