GRI Light Industrial & Logistics
Europe eSummit 2021
Identify new equity partners, debate transactions, resilient portfolio strategies, pricing and upcoming trends
Submit your interest (Non-members)
With transactions never better for Light Industrial & Logistics real estate and tenant demand growing, it seems the once ugly duckling is every investor’s favourite swan. Yet, with yields becoming tighter and tighter, Brexit and Coronavirus disrupting global supply chains, what are the best strategies to advance new partnerships and find value in these asset classes?
Join the global GRIClub Platform to discuss such challenges and opportunities through candid peer to peer discussions. Navigate the current challenges presented by demand, purchasing and future trends.
Europe Logistics & Light Industrial
Continued upswing, any black swans?
- Opening Flash Data Presentation with Q&A
- Fireside Chat: Intimate and frank conversation with our discussion hosts
- COVID Impacts on Supply Chains & Turning Nearshoring into Diversified Opportunities
- E-Commerce - Demand on light industrial and logistics, follow the occupational markets - where are the new bright spots?
- What does 2021 have in store for Europe?
- Destination last mile! Investment reality vs trends
- Strategy Battle! Core, Core+, Value Add or Spec?
- Rise of JV’s - How to compete for capital and equity?
Equity & Capital
Tighter and tighter or ‘spec’ marks the spot?
- Supply & Land Scarcity - How to find value in stock?
- Raising Capital For Spec Dev & BTS - Institutional appetite, debt & JVs
- Raising (Institutional) Capital - Where are capital streams coming from?
- Asset Types - Last Mile, Bog Boxes & Light Industrial; what’s the investors’ darling?
- Dry Powder - Plenty of money but nowhere to spend?
- Yields - Still competitive or overpriced?
Core Logistics vs Light Industrial Sub Sectors, where will the money go?
- Location strategy - What’s best to optimise logistics blueprint?
- Paris Slowdown - Why are big ticket light industrial deals slow off mark?
- Speculative Supply Increase - Which logistics products suit and where?
- Letting Transactions - What’s up, what’s down?
Asia-Europe Strategic gateway, what can shake growth?
- Incoming Supply - Nearshoring boom or oversupplied playing field?
- Financing - Struggle or success?
- Which regions at what prices?
- Rental Growth - Underwriting investor confidence?
- Big Boxes vs City Light Industrial - What asset types will be the way to go?
Location, location vs product availability
- Repositioning Retail - Long term growth or short fix?
- Smart Investments - Follow the rent return fundamentals
- E commerce penetration creating demand across Europe - What opportunities to buy, sell?
- Product pricing vs availability and locations
- Strategies in saturated markets? UK, France, Germany, Netherlands?
- Spain, Italy, Czech & Portugal hidden gems?
Germany Urban Supply
Land scarcity, on-shoring & yield compression a perfect storm?
- Manufacturing Output & Investment Appetite - Out of crisis faster or more troubles ahead?
- Land Scarcity & Yield Compression - Oversupply concerns or still room to grow?
- How to handle yield compression? Expenses being driven down by German capital or still overpriced?
- Urban Logistics and Super Light Industrial Deals - Mainstream or niche opportunities?
Buying boom, what’s working and where?
- eCommerce Saturation, Nearshoring & Supply Chain Challenges
- London Deals - Pros & Cons
- Strategic Locations - Which sub sectors strong and where?
- Repurposing Distressed Retail - Quick fix for logistics boom, or long term yielding?
Expenses being driven down by domestic capital or still overpriced?
- Is further yield compression overhyped?
- Eco-Friendly Last Mile - How much is ESG impacting investor/developer appetite?
- Pricing - Will the upwards pressure in secondary locations continue?
- Rotterdam vs Amsterdam - Which occupational market demands are steering Grade A Industrial Stock?
- Brexit Opportunities - Chance to reposition supply chains in favour for Netherland’s market?
Value add vs new developments, what are the best entry strategies?
- Strategic Locations - Last Mile Light Industrial vs Large scale sites facilitating Western EU
- Finding Value - Countries evenly matched or some more resilient?
- Cold Storage, Food, Pharma, E-Commerce and Auto - What occupational demand drivers are fuelling products and pricing?
- Capital Allocations - Challenges and opportunities
What are the emerging demand drivers?
- New Tech & AI - What is necessary to stay relevant?
- Cold Storage & Food - Ones to watch or buy right now?
- BTS - Niche or mainstream activity?
- Inner City Logistics - What are the different user cases?
- Investment Appetite for Sub Sectors - Micro logistics, operational light industrial, multi-level and more
- Last Mile - High demand, but do the numbers work?
Commercialising ESG & carbon neutral portfolios
- How Does E-Commerce & Brick n Mortar relate to ESG Standards?
- Commercialising Green Buildings - Increasing yields by decreasing carbon footprints?
- Case Studies & Lessons learnt from Europe APAC & USA
- Owner, Occupier, Developer & Investor Interests Aligned?
- Understanding Long Term Benefits in Portfolios and Tenant retention
Joan holds a BA (UB, Barcelona), and an MBA-MIM (ESADE, Barcelona).
Become a Sponsor
Contact our team and check the sponsorship and exposure opportunities according to the strategy of your company.
Main skills: Structuring/Execution, Strategic Asset Management, Licensing, Development
Prior to founding Bedrock Capital Partners, André was Head of International Real Estate Investment at Fidelidade. Previously worked at ECS Capital, Crimson and Savills / Aguirre Newman
MS Civil Engineering, IST Lisbon | Master in Real Estate Valuation and Management, ISEG Lisbon | Master in Finance, UCP Lisbon