India GRI 2022 reaches its 14th edition
In Mumbai, CEOs, Directors and senior executives will meet in an intimate and informal environment to strengthen their business relationships and establish the guidelines that will drive the Indian real estate sector in the coming years.
In a challenging context, conditioned by the economic, political, health and social turbulence brought by the pandemic, the evolution of lifestyles, consumption and work, this event will feature a variety of discussions among the most relevant and senior leaders in the region. Through the topics addressed, they will exchange positive experiences and lessons learned related to housing, multifamily, logistics, offices, data-centres, mixed use, ESG, financing and investments, etc.
As GRI Club’s main goal is to develop meaningful relationships between members, the venue will feature rooms exclusively for private meetings, and the staff will support the matchmaking with potential business partners, both personally and through the online community of members.
Be part of the most important Real Estate meeting in India and connect with leaders in a high-level networking environment.
Opening Keynote Session
Capital Deal Flow
Private equity charge like never before or same old bureaucracy?
- Availability of Capital - Global vs Domestic
- a) Equity: View of investors on expected return on capital, perceived risks, market cycles, exit plan.
- b) Debt: Availability of credit across development cycle of a real estate product, emerging new trends and structures of debt financing, view on interest rates.
Investing in Scaled up Resi
Core, Core+ or value add?
Investments in Large Scale Purpose Built Shared Living: Core, Core+ or Value Add, Who's got the scale factor?
- Senior housing, student housing, co-living, co-housing, etc - Market transformation and demand insights
- Operational and cash flow issues - What are the difficulties and how to deal with them? How does technology facilitate processes?
- Leveraging Service Level: Delivering better results to the investors and customers?
- Development paths - Are there more institutional and long-term funds willing to invest in this type of product? Who is the ideal partner? What peculiarities drives the investment decision?
Data Centres Growth
Structural, cyclical or digital paving the path?
- Investor's appetite and availability of long term and cheaper credit
- Growth drivers / trends – digital India; data localisation; 5G implementation; tier II and tier III cities; REIT play; etc
Offices & The Great ‘De-Densification’
What makes sense for future pricing, location and demand?
- Leasing Going Down or Up- How to deal with negative pressure on rent and increase in vacancy and leverage?
- Workspace Occupation - How might space reduction impact revenue costs, rent payments and portfolio size?
- Asset Value - How might the acceleration to newer offices and space reductions hinder investment returns on older stock?
- Urban Mobility and Integration - How to readjust the urban spaces to a value trend towards the suburbs?
- Compare 3 different cities in India - Supply vs Deman -- oversupply vs undersupply
Real Estate & The Metaverse
From bricks ‘n’ mortar to pixels, where can we expect growth and profit?
- NFTs, Virtual Reality, Crypto, Web3, etc. - How will these concepts transform lifestyles, consumption and socialization? Will they build the next generation of digital platforms?
- In the Brick world - Does it have a potential for significant disruptive impact on the industry or is it a short-lived trend?
- Taking decisions - Should we already bet on the real estate metaverse? How to start?
Developers or Investors in the driving seat?
- Overcoming the Challenges on Portfolio Expansion.
Mainstream liquidity or too few buyers?
- As investors pour billions of dollars into new real estate funds created to buy distressed debt resulting from COVID, is it the right move for investors to play offence or defence? Hear from the world’s leaders of the largest real finance, asset management and real estate investment companies with a spirited debate on how to capitalise on the race for distress.
Logistics & Light Industrial
Rental growth continued upswing, where’s the drag?
- Supply Chain Optimization, Site Selection, Build-to-Suit - Which are the best practices?
- Lease Negotiations, Renewals, Rent Reviews and Restructuring - strategies to win-win relationships.
- Future opportunities - What asset class has the most potential? What are investors looking for? Is supply chain reshoring a real opportunity?
Investor appetite fits demand or values only for the innovative?
- Session can discuss if the Growth in Luxury Housing is sustainable?
- What are customers looking at? Are developers meeting upto that?
GRI Match-making for Members
Land Acquisition & Construction Finance
Which asset classes are smartly priced? Where’s the value add opportunity?
- Land Acquisition. Pricing trends and potential for Commercial, Housing & Warehousing
How to build win-win relationships?
- Efficient transactions - What is the greatest added value of the marketplace? How to use data for the benefit of users? What are the biggest current blockages?
- Brokers as allies - How to create long-term revenue? How can the broker take advantage of digitalization
- Tokenization and Blockchain - Can easily drive smart contracts? What is its true potential?
Which opportunity pockets will the equity chase?
- Affordable housing opportunities across top 4-5 cities in India.
- How to attract investors?
Mergers & Acquisitions
Business Performance & Investment Conditions
- Deal structures - Advantages and disadvantages of each type
- Success stories - Alignment of interest, co-investment, fee structure, recovery, track record, partnership ideal, etc.
- Where will M&A deals be conducted in the next 5 years? What project types?
Moving from talk to tangible pathways or all depends on market premiums?
- Environmental, Social and Governance - Creating Science-Based Net Zero Pathways & Targets
- Understanding Impacts of Operational & Embodied Carbon
- The Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) - A standardized approach to ESG integration and the Investor-led dialogue
- Understanding Asset Obsolescence Risks Across Portfolios
- Impact on Value - How will ESG be factored into valuations going forward?
- Small changes, big impact - Where to start in a changing world
Some of the past attendees include
Francis holds a B. Tech degree in Electrical Engineering from IIT-Delhi and a PGDM (MBA) from IIM Bangalore.
Heading Nippon India Real Estate Investments since 2011 and a key personnel behind setting up RE investment business. Also instrumental in setting up and anchoring RE Private Equity business in his previous organisation (ICICI Prudential AMC).
Well diversified experience over entire life cycle of Funds from inception to exits and strong broad based relationship with developers and possesses rich experience in evaluating, investing and managing real estate projects on pan India basis.
Masters in Business Management and B.Tech. in Civil Engineering.
Confirmed Companies for 2022 edition
GRI in Action
Highlights of our previous editions
Meet our exclusive format
Listen from our Members
Become a Sponsor
Contact our team and check the sponsorship and exposure opportunities according to the strategy of your company.
Our team will get back to you soon
Please enter your business email
Click below to proceed with your registration