Latin America GRI Real Estate 2022 reaches its 6th edition.
In New York, CEOs, presidents and senior executives will meet in an intimate and informal environment to strengthen their business relationships and establish the guidelines that will drive the Latin American real estate sector in the coming years.
In a challenging context, conditioned by the economic, political, health and social turbulence brought by the pandemic, the evolution of lifestyles, consumption and work, this event will feature more than 25 discussions among the most relevant leaders in the region. In the topics addressed, they will exchange positive experiences and lessons learned related to housing, multifamily, logistics, retail, offices, hospitality, mixed uses, ESG, technology, financing and investments.
As GRI Club’s main goal is to develop meaningful relationships between members, the venue will feature rooms exclusively for private meetings, and the staff will support the matchmaking with potential business partners, both personally and through the online community of members.
Be part of the most important Real Estate meeting in Latin America and connect with leaders in a high-level networking environment.
Latin America Vision
Chief Economist Latin America
CEO - Latin America
CEO, The Americas
Colombia, Peru, Chile, Argentina, and other Latin American countries.
with C-level executives
Investors • Banks • Funds • Developers • Asset Managers • Hotel Chains • Operators • Market Specialists • REITs
Investment • Residential • Offices • Hospitality • Retail • Industrial and Logistics • Financing • Mixed Use • M&As • JVs • Proptech • ESG
Latin America GRI's numbers
14:00 - 15:00 Keynote Session
15:00 - 15:45 Coffee Break
15:45 - 16:45 Discussion
16:45 - 17:15 Coffee Break
17:15 - 18:15 Discussion
18:15 - 20:00 Welcome Drinks | Sponsored by Ritch Mueller
09:30 - 10:30 Master Session
10:30 - 11:30 Networking Session
11:30 - 12:30 Discussions
12:30 - 13:00 Coffee Break
13:00 - 14:00 Discussions
14:00 - 15:15 Networking Lunch | Sponsored by Newmark
15:15 - 16:15 Discussions
16:15 - 16:45 Coffee Break
16:45 - 17:45 Master Session
17:45 - 19:00 Closing Drinks
Latin America Vision
The Evolution of Economies
- Global Analysis - What is happening around the world? How can the ongoing conflicts in Europe impact our economies?
- GDP, inflation, interest rates, commodities, etc. - How are the main indicators behaving? What external factors could affect them with more intensity? What to expect for 2022 and the following years?
- Taking out the crystal ball - What signs do we need to focus on? What is coming for the Real Estate and construction sectors? Which markets have better forecasts?
Keys to foreign direct investment
How to prepare the ground?
- Short-term governments Vs. Long-term opportunities - How to deal with the political and economic challenges and work efficiently with governments?
- The crucial issues - What local decisions have had a positive impact on attracting new international players? Which markets are the favorites?
- Investor mindset - Diversification, long-term income and Post-pandemic rules.
José Rubén Velarde
Which niches will drive development?
- Low-income, middle-income, high-end, luxury; single-family homes, low-rise, mid-rise, high rise. Which housing models will drive development during these uncertain times?
- Contracting, capitalization, pre-sales, etc. – what are you doing differently in your businesses to safeguard returns and margins?
- What are you observing on the demand side (buyers)? Lower disposable income (due to inflation) and pressure on mortgage interest rates (due to central banks policies) will affect absorption / pricing and make it difficult to transfer cost increases to the customer?
- Regulation – what changes should / can governments implement? Have you seen any changes in regulations in your region that could be implemented in other countries?
Retail and shopping centers
Trends and consumer insights
- Main challenges - What are the main difficulties being experienced today? What solutions are possible? Can any specific partnership facilitate the process?
- Consumer engagement spaces - Which formats will lead the developments in the next years? What will be the role of anchor stores?
- Robots, artificial intelligence, e-commerce, generations of consumers - Do traditional concepts survive?
Traditional Vs. Alternative accommodation
- Sustainable accommodation, solo travelers, Millennials - Understanding consumer preferences
- Long-term stays - How to compete to attract remote workers? How to deal with the fine line between vacation and telecommuting?
- Multitasking workers, Glocal strategy, Pricing, Tech solutions - What is the ideal balance for all consumers? What will the industry look like in 10 years?
A value driver for real estate
- Environmental, Social and Governance - Thinking about key concepts as Net-zero economy, green buildings, LEED, among others
- The Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) - A standardized approach to ESG integration and the Investor-led dialogue
- Small changes, big impact - Where to start in a changing world
How to make the most of their advantages?
- Fibras, FIIs, REITs - What best practices could be applied in other countries?
- What opportunities does the integration of the Peruvian, Colombian and Chilean stock exchanges bring? In what ways can it impulse real estate development?
- Future Paths - What is the potential of the new vehicles? How is technology empowering evolution?
Masterplans and Smart Communities
Building the cities of tomorrow
- Energy, water, waste, and carbon emissions - Smart Cities as a solution to sustainability
- Technological advances shaping how cities operate - How can it improve the quality of life? How to make urban life more connected, efficient and sustainable? Which examples are good to copy? What should be taken into consideration in designing a Smart Sustainable City – The Roadmap?
- Policies, regulatory frameworks, real estate developers and investors - What should their active role be?
Offices and workspaces
Has the business changed forever?
- Market fundamentals - Evolution of jobs and post-pandemic lessons learned
- Development opportunities - Where are the best locations? Which asset will rule the segment? What about the amenities and tech solutions?
- Efficient Partnerships - Which strategies have been successful to keep the wheel turning? How to maintain long-term contracts? What about pricing?
Sergio Perez Castilleja
Living Assets & Emerging Technologies
Growing tech ecosystem
- Putting customers first - How to Improve the Customer Experience (CX) for higher yields? What solutions will be a must?
- Empowering the B2B - What can technology companies bring to the table for the residential segment? What innovations should facilitate and enhance developer performance?
- Energy efficiency - What are the best practices to make the assets smarter & more efficient?
- The challenge of data usability - Has it become a priority? Having a data strategy – and a specialist to implement it – is a must?
The Big Bet
Workspaces of the Future
- Rethinking the work environment - Will offices play a key role in the future of work? Is the hybrid the best format? How to channel the collaboration? How to make the office a desirable place to work?
- Tenant happiness - What are the best-mixed models of leasing? Flexibility is the first place value?
- From Innovation to Value - How Automation, VR, AI, Digital Twin influence the digital transformation of spaces? What are the biggest current blockages?
- Talking about money - What is the Investor's view? Which financial structure has good returns?
The best way to find direct-investment opportunities?
- Operational knowledge, local expertise, assets skills, Due Diligence and organizational culture - which is more crucial when making decisions?
- Post-pandemic conclusions - Have new principles already been defined?
- Across the risk spectrum - Core, Core Plus, Value-Add or Opportunistic Investments?
Multifamily for rent
Market behavior and Model opportunities
- Demographic projections Vs. Economic and political environment - Which reality is most influencing the development of this asset?
- Consumer demand - Are there news needs? How to attract new renters and keep long-term relationships? What tech solutions add value? Will vacancies go down and rents go up?
- Boosting the business - Keys to enter new markets and consolidate the model
Latam Vs. US
The Pros and Cons of each market
- Key Facts - Cost of living, taxes, yield rates, law protections and acquisition costs
- Markets To Choose - Where should the investments go and which assets are the favorites ones
- The next decade - Are there advantages to establishing a local entity in the US? How can Latam leverage the strengths of the US? How can these markets complement each other?
Hospitality capital raising
The post-pandemic new era
- Lessons learned - Dos and don’t to ensure the best IRRs in the region for the hospitality sector
- Flow performance, business plan, sponsor’s experience - What lenders want?
- Strategic Mergers and Partnerships - What is driving the market? Where are the sources of funding coming from? How to attract qualified investments?
Traditional Vs. Alternative Financing
What is the path to success?
- Comparing business - What are the pros and cons of each? What are the new opportunities?
- In review - How has risk evaluation changed in the past 2 years?
- Project structures - How to cope with rising costs and interest rates?
- Sectors backed by structural demand drivers - What commands the lion’s share of attention? What is on the financing horizon?
Industrial and logistics
The star of the decade?
- Supply Chain Optimization, Site Selection, Build-to-Suit - Which are the best practices?
- Lease Negotiations, Renewals, Rent Reviews and Restructuring - strategies to win-win relationships.
- Growing demand for Data Centers - What type of assets can supply this market need? What are the strategic geographies? Is there room for retrofitting existing assets?
- Future opportunities - What asset class has the most potential? What are investors looking for? Is supply chain reshoring a real opportunity?
Javier Dominguez Torrado
Metaverse and virtual reality
The start of a new era?
- NFTs, Virtual Reality, Crypto, Web3, etc. - How will these concepts transform lifestyles, consumption and socialization? Will they build the next generation of digital platforms?
- In the Brick world - Does it have a potential for significant disruptive impact on the industry or is it a short-lived trend?
- Taking decisions - Should we already bet on the real estate metaverse? How to start?
Hotel Demand Segmentation
Thinking ahead to 2030
- Leisure-focused Vs. Corporate-oriented assets - What is the potential of each business? Where are the best locations? How to link new demands to the old hotel model?
- Brand Diversification - Flexibility as a principle? How not to fully rely on a guest profile?
- Luxury, Resorts, Economy & midscale segment - How do you stand out from competitors? How is each segment evolving?
Business performance and investment conditions
- Deal structures - Advantages and disadvantages of each type
- Success stories - Alignment of interest, co-investment, fee structure, recovery, track record, partnership ideal, etc.
- Where will M&A deals be conducted in the next 5 years? What project types?
Housing future trends
New models, new lifestyles
- Senior housing, student housing, co-living, co-housing, etc - Market transformation and demand insights
- Operational and cash flow issues - What are the difficulties and how to deal with them? How does technology facilitate processes?
- Development paths - Are there more institutional and long-term funds willing to invest in this type of product? Who is the ideal partner?
Owner Vs. Tenant
How to build win-win relationships?
- Brokers as allies - How to create long-term revenue? How can the broker take advantage of digitalization?
- Efficient transactions - What is the greatest added value of the marketplace? How to use data for the benefit of users? Can easily Tokenization and Blockchain drive smart contracts?
- Investment decisions - Where to put the focus in an environment with increasing competition in technology and innovation companies?
Positioning LatAm as an investment destination
- Money Matters - What asset class are local and foreign investors looking into investing? Where can we find the best deals? How to mitigate the price rise?
- Cross-border Capital - From where it is coming and how LatAm should attract and retain more capital?
- Investment Cycle - Growth on the horizon or still stuck on recovery? What are the main challenges ahead & what can be expected in the next 3 years?
Claudia Robledo Arias
I want to access the event's final agenda
You will receive an email with the final link.
Please check your inbox and spam
BEHIND THE SCENES AND BEYOND CONFERENCES
and a benchmarking of the new trends driving industrial, residential, office and retail spaces.
I want to join the GRI NY Experience
*To join the GRI NY Experience you must be registered to the Latin America GRI Real Estate 2022
You will receive an email with the final link.
Please check your inbox and spam
industries to discuss the role of womens' leadership in changing times.
11:30 - 13:30 | Eastern Daylight Time (GMT-4)
Being aware of what's happening in the Mexican and Brazilian markets helps you make better investments and also to eventually be able to look at some opportunities that you weren't looking at before. I've been a frequenter since the first GRI, I have a lot of experience with the club, I really like it."
Access the website: CLICK HERE
get in touch with GRI Club or with The Westin
for your promotional stay.
The Westin New York at Times Square
270 W 43rd St New York, NY 10036, United States
Any doubts?Get in touch with the The Westin
Phone: +1 212-201-2700
Get in touch with the GRI Club staff
Become a Sponsor
Contact our team and check the sponsorship and exposure opportunities according to the strategy of your company.
Our team will get back to you soon
Please enter your business email
Click below to proceed with your registration