The key annual conference for global infrastructure and energy leaders in Latin America
Latam GRI Infra & Energy is the key annual conference where global infrastructure and energy leaders get together to network and discuss project development in Latin America.
Consolidated as the principal conference of infrastructure and energy key-players in Latin America, after six successful editions of Infra Latin America GRI, GRI Club Infra hosts its seventh edition on 11-12 May in New York (USA).
The event represents a milestone, putting together +300 senior leaders from these sectors, aimed at economic recovery and boosting the urban and social infrastructure, by generating productive and insightful discussions, searching solutions to promote the infrastructure development in Latin America, and also identifying new deal flows and projects in the region.
Latam GRI Infra & Energy 2022 will gather government authorities, investors, concession operators and specialists in the infrastructure and energy sector, from markets such as Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Ecuador, Spain, USA, India, Mexico, Panama, Peru, United Kingdom Uruguay, and others.
Discuss themes in an informal format, in which everyone can participate and interact
Share solutions to the most common challenges of the emerging markets
Build new business opportunities with global investors
Debate strategic topics to define the future of the infrastructure sectors
Connect yourself with peers and meet new partners
Chief Investment Officer –
Emerging Markets Americas
UBS Asset Management
What's Colombia's infrastructure legacy to the years ahead?
GRI Meeting with Minister of Transport Angela María Orozco
Women’s Meeting & Lunch
Leadership across Latin America
Will Latam deliver an attractive risk-return compared to other regions?
- What are the main game changers on the geopolitical landscape in Latin America?
- How will the region remain competitive, and how will it stand out in the development of solid and profitable projects?
- Country budget restrictions: What to expect for the development of sustainable infrastructure projects?
- How will risk-taking be designed with the new elected governments? What to expect for a possible new matrix for infrastructure and energy projects?
Long-term Infrastructure Planning
What instruments can guarantee a long-term planning ahead?
- What are the directions to be considered in the political transition process to ensure the continuity of projects in the infrastructure and energy sector?
- How should legal reforms be designed to ensure greater attractiveness of the sectors for international and institutional investors?
- Supplies, Pandemic and recovery: How are risks in contracts provisioned?
Latam Green Recovery
How to shift to a net-zero economy?
- How are countries in LATAM developing long-term recovery plans aligned with green recovery?
- What are the stimulus funds to be spent on environmentally sustainable projects?
- How to overcome the stake due to climate change and enhance competitiveness in the region?
- What are the mechanisms and policy measures that will enable diverse investments for key projects in zero-emission transport and other related assets?
Unsolicited Proposals from Private Sector
How to change mindsets and develop infrastructure?
- Can economic recovery strategies be strengthened by USPs?
- What developers have to have in mind when first approaching government entities to suggest innovative infrastructure proposals?
- How can social infrastructure and digital infrastructure agendas in Latin America be accelerated by unsolicited initiatives?
- How can private sector provide a detailed proposal with clear addressing of social and environmental issues?
Guarantees & risks
How to unlock project finance in Latam?
- What mechanisms can bring more security to the investor?
- How can new governments define more transparent risk matrices?
- How to keep legal certainty even without government support and incentives?
- How to drive greater leverage of resources for infrastructure projects?
- What are the best practices for structuring guarantees in the economic-financial modeling of projects in the region?
What are the new trends in wind and solar?
- What are the bottlenecks in achieving a significant insertion of solar and wind sources in the Brazilian energy matrix?
- What are the strategies for enhancing productive infrastructure?
- Can we expect greater growth in installed capacity this year from wind power sources?
- How is the consumer profile dictating the behavior of the electricity sector and how does decentralized generation fit this context?
How will projects continue to flow despite uncertainties?
- How does the political and economic situation affect overall credit and financing?
- What are the key-drivers to ensure the continuity and legal certainty of ongoing projects?
- How will the risks taking change amid the newly elected government? And what is the market sentiment about the progress of the economic recovery?
- How can the private sector take the lead in fostering new initiatives in the transport and infrastructure sector?
Colombia 5G Transport
Will the projects be on track for international investors and lenders?
- What are the steps to be followed before august so that the progress of the first wave projects maintains the expected timing for investment?
- How are the risks being structured and which guarantees can the investor expect?
- What are the projects expected to connect key corridors for Colombia's foreign trade with multimodality services?
- What are key points to be addressed in guaranteeing stable and safe profitability in 5G projects?
José Joaquín Ortiz
Transport Concessions in Latin America
Strong pipeline or pipe dream?
- Retrospective and Current Landscape;
- “Brazil Connected” Program: Which projects will unlock logistical integration and multimodality?
- Upcoming Pipeline: What are the shinning stars in Brazil infrastructure sector?
- What are the mechanisms that will drive legal certainty, regulatory stability and economic predictability?
- What type of incentives can LATAM operators expect for new projects?
Sold out tickets or still space to land?
- Risk Management post COVID: Will airport infrastructure projects fly off course?
- What are the strategies to lower disputes and judicialization?
- Brazil 7th Round: Mature models to enhance airport infrastructure investments?
- How can secondary market deliver value enhancement through both operational and financial structuring improvements?
Eduardo Hayden Carvalhaes Neto
What's necessary to keep more projects flowing?
- How can decentralization strategy unlock the potential of the water concessions system in LATAM?
- What are the legal adjustments needed to set clearer frameworks for new auctions?
- How Brazil’s momentum is bringing light and investments to water companies and how can LATAM investors be part of it?
What are the shining stars in Latin America?
- How has the energy M&A wave progressed in LATAM in the past years as a response to COVID-19?
- How can players have a more proactive approach to ESG transition, with ESG-led M&A?
- Can new deals catapult investments in disruptive technology? What are the expectations for Energy M&A deals in 2023?
- How to build an integrated value chain to deliver energy transition products and services?
How can mobility adapt in large urban centers?
- How has Covid-19 changed the logic of mobility in Latin American cities?
- What are the strategies for the recovery and integration of metropolitan modes?
- How are disruptive technologies being incorporated into urban mobility and transport projects?
- What are the bottlenecks to be overcome in the consolidation of electric mobility?
How can concessions overcome political instability?
- How the persistent governability challenges dampened the investment outlook in Peru?
- What are the bottlenecks in setting prudent fiscal policy and moderate debt burden?
- How can risk assignment be designed in project development to lower political-wise uncertainty and grid-locked policymaking?
What factors will ensure a smarter energy transition?
- How Mexico is keeping up with the race for the energy transition in LATAM?
- How are technologies being incorporated to increase the capacity of generation through clean energies?
- What are the challenges to implement innovation and define a clear map for Net Zero?
- How can judicialization in the sector be an obstacle to achieving the decarbonization goals?
Which projects will drive the transport revolution?
- Federal Concessions: How will free flow be incorporated into new projects?
- What are the pipeline in public consultation that will increase investors' appetite in 2022?
- What are the evolutions in road safety and how projects are incorporating technology to mitigate accidents?
International Supply Chains
How can Latam ensure integrated logistics platforms?
- What policies and legal adjustments are needed to structure integrated logistics networks?
- How to define strategic clusters and optimize cargo flow?
- What alignments should be made with ports, railways, shippers and industry players to define integrated logistics zones?
Pablo Arroyave Fernández
What does the next decade look like in Latin America?
- How can carbon market regulation make net-zero goals achievable? Is it possible to predict how greener LATAM will be?
- What are the learnings so far about hydrogen production and distribution and which legal regulatory framework could unlock the full potential of H2 in the region?
- Is there enough demand for EV infrastructure? How countries are adapting?
- How to align social-economic structures and investments with the transition?
Marco de Carvalho
A vital element in Latam recovery from COVID-19?
- Which regulatory drivers will define well-targeted investments in response to sector and community needs?
- What are the solid initiatives in the region and what has been done to foster digital ecosystems?
- How can public lighting PPPs leverage digital infrastructure for smart cities in Latin America?
- How can broadband connectivity and technology provide better infrastructure network transport services?
ESG Bonds and Project Finance
How can Latam be prepared for what comes next?
- What are the strategies to define local regulatory frameworks on sustainable finance?
- Beyond bonds issuance, how are infrastructure players working on great governance?
- How to use the "G" to stimulate " E" and "S" and foster impact investment?
- How can SLBs maintain greater relevance in the fixed income markets in the next years?
- How can transparency and standardization instruments unlock and mobilize funds for sustainable infrastructure?
- Are there mechanisms to ensure that sovereign issuers and other international financial institutions can have better access to the Latin ESG bond market?
Marc López Llopart
María José Cortés Loreto
He started his career at HTB in 1997, working mainly with various administrative-financial functions.
In 2002 took over the position of the CFO.
Since 2008 CEO of HTB.
Some GRI Infra & Energy Company Members
Advisory Board - Infra Club Latam
Meet our exclusive format
Much like a conversation in your own living room, the dynamic environment allows you to engage with your peers in an informal and collegial setting.
industries to discuss the role of womens' leadership in changing times.