Brian Kingston is a Managing Partner and Chief Executive Officer of Brookfield Property Group and Brookfield Property Partners.
Mr. Kingston joined Brookfield in 2001 and was named CEO of Brookfield Property Partners in 2015. Under his leadership, Brookfield has conducted a wide range of mergers & acquisitions activities, including investments in Forest City Realty Trust, General Growth Properties and Canary Wharf.
Prior to his current role, Mr. Kingston led Brookfield’s Australian business activities, holding the positions of CEO of Brookfield Office Properties Australia, CEO of Prime Infrastructure and CFO of Multiplex.
Investment and Development Trends
Country-Specific Challenges and Opportunities
Technology and Sustainability
Gathers top decision-makers from residential, hospitality, office, retail, industrial and financial sectors.
Building Latin America’s Future Concrete Jungles Full Program Agenda & Discussions
- After one year, what will be the position of Lopez Obrador’s administration when it comes to real estate development and housing?
- How did the sector perform in 2019 and what steps are players taking to mitigate risks associated with uncertainty and decrease in economic growth?
- What actions need to be taken at a municipal level to boost real estate development and what emerging cities are the best bets for 2020?
- What has caused Chile’s economy to slow down and how can Chile become more attractive to international investors?
- What role con real estate development plays in strengthening its secondary cities and what factors are keeping them from growing?
- How is the real estate sector adapting to the needs of Chile’s large middle class and how has financing evolved to adapt to these needs?
- How is each country improving market conditions to welcome more international investment and what areas of opportunity still exist?
- What conditions must each market have in order to avoid capital flight and what have been the main challenges developers/investors have had to overcome?
- What are the best asset classes to invest in each country?
- What have been the results of using structured instruments in the Peruvian real estate market?
- How can Peru improve its financial and legal frameworks to attract and facilitate real estate development?
- What areas of opportunity exist among national developers to become more attractive to international players and which sectors show the most growth potential?
- How have geopolitical factors impacted interest rates and its financial environment?
- How are FIIs and structured instruments for real estate development evolved and what could be tweaked to boost the market?
- How will the changes in Brazil’s strategic commercial alliances impact the economy and investment in real estate?
- What steps must Central American countries such as Costa Rica, Guatemala y Panama take to become more attractive to international investors?
- How does the infrastructure competitiveness and industrial growth of each country impact the development of successful real estate projects?
- What is the current status of each asset class in the various Central American countries and how do they differ from other Latin American markets?
- What is Colombia’s economic outlook and what opportunities are arising in each asset class?
- What makes Colombia so attractive to international investors and what could be done to increase its attractiveness even further?
- How can the financial market evolve to foster real estate investment and the regulatory framework be improved to attract investors?
- As land grows more expensive, what alliances are developers creating to make residential projects more affordable in LATAM?
- What countries have the most favorable macroeconomic conditions for housing developments and what are the main hurdles investors are encountering?
- How are residential players creating products for their 2020 buyers, millennials, and what strategies are being applied to make it more affordable?
- LATAM is slowly but surely embracing e-commerce, how are industrial developers adapting to a relatively new market’s needs and the particularities of constructing and investing in LATAM?
- Which industries are driving the development of industrial parks and what types of developments are they looking for?
- What are the fastest-growing industrial cities in LATAM and are expected to increase industrial demand in the next few years?
- What innovative mix of tenants and amenities have been the most successful in LATAM?
- How can investors and developers take advantage of LATAM’s love for brick-and-mortar stores and the culture to generate better experiences?
- What are the main trends developers have noticed that will impact their project and investment in the short-medium term?
- Which countries and cities are encountering a surplus of m2 and what strategies should be taken as a sector to keep the market healthy?
- Which types of spaces are the most profitable in LATAM countries and how are local developers working to change the mindset of smaller cities that use houses as offices?
- What new trends are arising in offices and which cities have opportunities?
- What are the top hospitality trends in each region and what areas have proven to be the most profitable?
- How does each LATAM market differ in terms of product acceptance and pricing?
- How are developers working with local cities to detonate new destinations and what challenges exist in new destinations?
- What are the new trending travel destinations for 2020 in LATAM and what projects are being developed there?
- What are the main characteristics locals are looking for when choosing travel destinations?
- How much are investors and developers looking to invest in building additional infrastructure to support their hospitality project?
- As LATAM cities grow exponentially in the next 10 years, what are investors placing their bets on?
- What are the main challenges of developing in secondary cities and what changes have been made to adapt?
- What incentives or programs are local governments providing to foster investment?
- LATAM’s greatest gap is in social housing, what countries are creating attractive social housing programs to invest in?
- How can social housing become more attractive for investors and what are the main challenges in creating resilient, yet profitable developments?
- What innovative designs or schemes have been developed in other parts of the world that could be implemented in LATAM?
- What were the best deals in 2019 and what lessons can be learned from them?
- What role will mergers and acquisitions play in improving the real estate sector in Latin America?
- How can local developers and investors develop better partnerships with international players?
- Speed is the key factor to win the new logistics race. Are LATAM’s cities prepared for the e-commerce and omnichannel reign?
- How is the industrial and logistics sector adapting its products to integrate seamlessly into urban areas?
- What are the demands from international corporations when it comes to industrial spaces and what worries them the most about setting up operations in LATAM?
- The LATAM Real Estate market continues to evolve, how difficult is it to find a quality project to invest in and what countries have the best proposals?
- What could local developers do to boost the attractiveness of their projects to investors and what are international develops specifically looking for?
- Why is it difficult to reach the expectations or requisits of investors and what are developers doing to fill the gap?
- What is Real Estate fracking and how is Latin America unleashing its potential?
- Which investments create the most savings and long-term benefits for real estate projects?
- Why is it important to diversify and look for new strategies to generate profit?
- How can real estate better integrate big data to boost sales and its offering to the market?
- Why is it important to invest in cybersecurity and how can it impact a real estate development in the next years?
- How can concepts such as machine learning and digital twins help reduce operational costs of real estate assets?
- What makes a project truly sustainable or “green” in LATAM?
- What returns have been seen in projects that have LEED certifications and what new strategies are developers adapting to create more sustainable developments?
- What are the medium term worries of developers and investors when it comes to resilience and sustainability?
Leveraging more than 18 years of photovoltaic solar experience and an extensive background in senior management, finance, operations, administration, sales, and marketing, Carlos is responsible for driving results for s2e’s stakeholders and surrounding communities, as well as the development and execution of projects outside of Canada.
Carlos has extensive experience within different industries.
- How are shopping developers creating alliances with online retailers to adapt to the needs of LATAM markets?
- Has activity in LATAM changed due to the entrance to e-commerce players and what innovative technologies and strategies are developers implementing?
- What new real estate assets or strategies are being created to support e-commerce?
- How has the sharing economy transformed the LATAM real estate sector in the last year and how does it compare to the US or European markets?
- How has it impacted the hospitality, office and residential sectors, and will the trend continue as millennials grow older?
- How have investors and developers adapted to these changes and what opportunities remain for them to cash in on with this trend in LATAM?
- How does Latin America differ when it comes to social and environmental impact studies for the development of real estate projects?
- What are the best strategies to generate a positive community engagement and how can the public sector facilitate interaction?
- What are the main opportunity zones in Latin America and which ones truly incentivize development?
- What are the main challenges players are encountering to develop projects in prime city locations and what are the best strategies for acquiring land?
- What are LATAM's largest cities demanding from developers when it comes to parking and mobility?
- How can cities, investors and developers create a win-win situation to improve local urban infrastructure through real estate development?
- What are the main reasons why international investors do not feel comfortable investing in LATAM real estate?
- How have international developers and investors adapted to the cultural and political aspects of doing business in LATAM?
- Which countries or cities have presented the most challenges to do business and what are the main lessons learned from those experiences? How could the business environment be improved?
Meet our exclusive format
GRI has no speakers, no presentations. Instead, you have a selection of closed-door discussions where everyone can participate. Much like a conversation in your own living room, the dynamic environment allows you to engage with your peers in an informal and collegial setting.
Get in Touch
For booking, clients may access the link or call the hotel directly (+1 212-201-2700), informing the Code: LATAM 2020.
For booking, clients may access the link and add the code: GRICLUB. Another option is to call the hotel directly (+1 212 380 2700), the rates is under GRI CLUB GROUP.
For booking, clients may access the link or call the hotel directly and informing the GRI Club event:
Reservations Toll Free: 1-877-303-0104
Reservations Local Phone: 1-212-398-1900
Some of the attendees